Watch for upcoming events for 2010
Art in the Loft 2009 Highlights
- Children, teens, parents and grandparents worked together under the direction of a professional mural artist to create the Mural of Hope installed at ARMC to express empathy and community support for those dealing with cancer. This project was a partnership with Friends Together and Alpena Regional Medical Center.
- More than 200 children and adults attended art workshops at the Loft, discovering their own creativity and using it in ways to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
- Workshop attendees travelled to Art in the Loft from other cities, states and Canada to participate in workshops taught by nationally known artists, discovering the beauty and hospitality of our region in the process. The survey responses from attendees and visitors were overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic.
- More than 2000 people attended community gatherings, meeting old friends and making new ones, discovering art, supporting community projects, enjoying events, presentations, music, food and entertainment—all at affordable cost.
- “Passport to the Arts” launched an innovative new approach to marketing arts and culture in our region, through collaboration between arts organizations. Art in the Loft had a leadership role in developing and implementing this program, together with the Besser Museum, Thunder Bay Arts Council and Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary. 31 other organizations and businesses also participated.
For more information on any of these events please contact Art in the Loft